Trending Stories in Check, Please! Bay Area Right Now
2. Taste This: The Story of La Cocina and El Pipila
On today’s Taste This, we visit Guadalupe Guerrero at La Cocina, a non-profit incubator that has taught and guided many low-income entrepreneurs like Guadalupe in the Bay Area
3. Table Talk: Inner Richmond’s Breadbelly and Tuezday Noodz, Oysters, and Sake!
Take a look at pop-ups from the Inner Richmond’s Breadbelly and Tuezday Noodz, plus OysterFest, and Sake Day!
4. Pluots, Apriums, and the Flavorful World of Hybrid Fruit
Today, stone fruit season brings a rainbow of colors and flavors: apriums, pluots, nectaplums, peacharines, pluerries, and even peacotums.
5. The Great American Read: Decadent Desserts Paired With Nostalgic Novels
We rounded up some of our favorite recipes that pair well with five books on The Great American Read list so you won’t go hungry while getting through your novel.
7. Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: Gasthaus Leopold's, Tamarine and Sushi Rapture
The fifth episode of Season 11 of Check, Please! Bay Area reviews an Austrian restaurant in San Francisco, a Palo Alto restaurant serving modern Vietnamese cuisine and a cozy Japanese eatery in San Francisco.
8. Anthony Reyes: Building Dignity for the Homeless Through Farming
The farm manager at the Homeless Garden Project in Santa Cruz, Reyes approaches agricultural systems from a justice lens.
9. Check, Please! Bay Area Season 12 reviews: The Tadich Grill, Slow Hand BBQ, Tay Ho Oakland Restaurant & Bar
Check, Please! Bay Area reviews a classic surf and turf spot in San Francisco, a down-home BBQ in Pleasant Hill, and an Oakland restaurant serving Vietnamese street food.
10. Craving Vegetarian/Vegan Lunch in San Francisco's Mission
Looking for a good lunch spot in the Mission that serves purely vegetarian/vegan food? These four vegetarian restaurants featured represent different cuisines: Indian, Japanese, Mexican, and Healthy Local Superfood-enhanced.
11. Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: Taurinus Brazilian Steakhouse, Ba-Bite, Finn Town Tavern
Check, Please! Bay Area reviews a Brazilian Steakhouse in San Jose, an Israeli restaurant in Oakland, and a whimsical cocktail spot in San Francisco's Castro.
12. Check, Please: How to Pay without looking like a fool or making everyone uncomfortable.
For most diners, paying one's bill at the finish of a restaurant meal is a simple, uncomplicated process, a no-brainer. Or should be. Sadly, it never fails to amaze me just how many people screw this up. The ideal execution of bill getting-and-paying should be a near-non-event. The only words exchanged should be those of thanks between the payer and the server, and from the recipients of the evening's generosity to one giving it. This should be obvious to most of you out there. Hopefully. Here are a few handy tips on how to pay a restaurant bill with grace.
13. Check, Please! Bay Area Season 12 reviews: Jannah-Baghdad by the Bay, Kin Khao, El Aguila Mexican Cuisine
Check, Please! Bay Area reviews an Iraqi restaurant in San Francisco, a spot serving Thai home-style cooking in San Francisco, and an eatery offering up farm-to-table freshness combined with Southern Mexican cuisine in Pleasant Hill.
14. Check, Please! Bay Area reviews: Sutro's at the Cliff House, El Coqui Puerto Rican Cuisine
Check, Please! Bay Area reviews only two restaurants this time; a historic San Francisco spot with stunning sunsets, classic cocktails and elegant cuisine and an eatery in Santa Rosa serving up Puerto Rican cuisine.
15. Savoring Seaweeds: What You Need to Know Before Diving In
The popularity of seaweeds is on the rise in the U.S. as people look to add more plant power to their diets, but questions have also arisen about the promise and safety of eating these sea veggies.